Problem users encountered that Spotify keeps skipping or restarting after each song or two and will need to tap Play to last. This issue keeps happening after emptying cache, deleting and deleting Spotify app. Follow under solution to solve the Spotify app keeps skipping or restarting playback issue.
Solution 1: Sign Out Everywhere
- Log in to Spotify.com
- About the Account Overview webpage, scroll down and click on Signal Out Everywhere button. This may force sign your Spotify account from all case of Spotify on all apparatus you have signed in earlier.
- Open Spotify app in your smartphone or pc and sign up.
Solution 2: Switch off High-Quality Streaming or utilize higher (Ogg Vorbis 160kbit/s) Music Quality Settings
- Click on the arrow at the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Beneath Audio Quality, change High-quality streaming (Premium only) to off.
For Android, iPhone and iPad
- Tap Home or Your Library > Settings > Audio Quality.
- Select Other alternatives except Very High.
Notice: for additional third party battery saver app or memory card cleaner app, include a exception for Spotify app.
Solution 3: Revoke Access to Sonos
- Log into Spotify.
- Visit Account > Apps.
- Click Revoke Access Beside Sonos.
Solution 4: Customize Battery Saver Mode for Spotify App
- Visit Settings > Battery.
- Tap the menu button and choose Battery optimization.
- Open the dropdown menu at the very top and choose All apps.
- Choose the Spotify app and select Do not Optimize.